LCHS is offering the 2014 PSAT/NMSQT test on Saturday, October 18, 2014.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a
standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills, and writing skills.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
1. Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or
2. See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to
3. Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
4. Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact
directions you will see on the SAT.
5. Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.
The fee for the 2012 PSAT/NMSQT is $20.00. Please contact Mr. Hill in the Guidance Office to answer any questions or to get signed up. Once your payment is received, the Guidance
Office will provide you a copy of the Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT to help you prepare before test day.
-Posted by Jon Hill
Mr. Jon Hill
Director of Guidance
Mrs. Stephanie Decker