It is hard to believe that we have almost completed the first term of the 2016-2017 school year. Term 1 Academic Assessments will be held on Thursday, October 13th and Friday, October 14th. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th hour exams will be held on Thursday, October 13th and 6th, 7th, and 8th hour exams will be held on Friday, October 14th. Term assessments are required. (See page 18 of student handbook, Academic Assessments.) Listed below are some test-support strategies for parents.
Preparing for Testing
· Note test dates on your home calendar; schedule appointments on non-testing days.
· Encourage your child to take responsibility for homework and class study.
· Help your child learn how to find information independently.
· Praise your child for work done well.
· Encourage your child to ask questions at home and in class.
· Get to know your child’s teachers.
· · Confer with teachers on a regular basis for progress reports.
· Gather available test preparation materials.
· Assure your child knows that you value a good education.
· See that your child is rested and eats breakfast.
· See that your child arrives at school on time and is relaxed.
· Encourage your child to do the best work possible.
· Do not send your child to school if illness is apparent.
· Do not remove your child from school on test days for appointments.
· Examine all test reports sent home.
· Determine areas of strengths and weaknesses.
· Praise your child’s testing strengths and make a plan to address identified weaknesses.
· See your child’s teacher, counselor, or principal if additional information is required.
Mr. Jon Hill
Director of Guidance
Mrs. Stephanie Decker